Senior Software Engineer - Economy Fraud
22 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Economy Fraud Engineer, you defend Roblox from all types of fraud, including purchasing and selling virtual items, real-time bidding of advertising slots, and payment fraud.
Roblox is a high-growth, unique product environment. You will be developing anti-fraud and abuse solutions for web, mobile, and 3D environments. This high impact work and your innovation is critical for the well-being of our community and to the future of our company. We aim for our users to have peace of mind that their communities and transactions are protected. Our defenses also protect our company’s rapid expansion and safeguard billions in revenue. Roblox’s virtual marketplace handles over 4 million transactions a day, and enables our top developers to make millions of dollars a year.
Our team’s challenges are not just regular day-to-day technical challenges. Fraud and abuse approaches need to shift over time, depending on the current behaviors of fraudsters. As an Economy Fraud engineer, you will be in a data-driven environment developing both classical and novel approaches to detect and prevent this bad behavior.
- 7+ years of professional experience working with scalable, distributed systems
- Strong experience in large-scale, data-driven architecture, API design, data modeling, and SQL / NoSQL data storage.
- Experience in anti-Fraud, anti-Abuse, Trust & Safety, or Risk is a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience in Machine Learning, Data Analysis, Scientific Computing, or Statistical Modeling is a plus, but not a requirement
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through implementation and A/B testing, while being empathetic with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong ownership with proactive, candid communication, and an ability to handle high complexity
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Develop backend services, fraud platform components, and pipelines to implement product logic, encourage engineering efficiency, and produce features for ML models.
- Be a Tech Lead that contributes to our Technical Roadmap and Risk Defense strategy.
- Uplevel our data mining and data-driven approaches.
- Occasionally perform data analysis to understand our Fraud & Abuse domain.
- Occasionally bridge communication between generalist backend engineers, and data scientists and ML engineers.
- Help recruit future talent for the team
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.