This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer - Diablo (Temp)
7 days ago
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer - Diablo (Temp)
The Diablo team is seeking an experienced and passionate senior gameplay engineer. Candidates should have experience in several of the following areas: quests and narrative content systems, user interface, player abilities, combat, AI, or other game systems. The ideal candidate should also have outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing Diablo and other games of different genres. The candidate should be excited by the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
- Design, implement, and maintain various gameplay systems
- Act as a service-oriented ambassador of engineering to the rest of the team.
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to ensure a great player experience
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially 'Gameplay First'
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games
- Fluent in C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ game programming experience, including experience shipping at least one title
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems from start to finish, including quests and narrative content systems, gameplay scripting, UI, AI / pathing, player abilities, or online networking
- Speaks “Designer” fluently
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- In-depth familiarity with the Diablo franchise, and other Blizzard Entertainment products
- Experience playing and developing RPGs, ARPGS, and/or MMORPGS
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience working with client / server game systems
- Experience creating and supporting tools used in game development
- Experience with C#
Required Application Materials
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.