Senior Software Engineer-DevOps and Automation
23 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
It is an exciting time to be part of PlayStation Direct's Quality Engineering team. We are looking for a senior DevOps and automation engineer who will assist in developing and maintaining automation opportunities within our DevOps and quality engineering framework. PS Direct QE team strives on ensuring high quality customer experience using standard methodologies in manual and automation testing.
- Identify automation opportunities within configuration management lifecycle, deployments, automation testing and performance testing
- Build, execute and maintain load tests using JMeter or any tool of similar capacity
- Proposing and implementing enhancements to improve system performance and reliability throughout system lifecycle
- Performs root cause analysis of performance optimization and architecture, including completing deep dives into problem areas and contributing to fixes that are faster, cleaner, and require less maintenance.
- Triaging failures including software and hardware builds, system tests, coverage tests, and CI/CD systems
- Create and execute Selenium UI automation tests
- Selenium UI automation using Java preferred but ok with any programming language
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle and configuration management; specifically Agile development methodologies. Proficient with GitHub, Jenkins
- Experience in performance test engineering experience in API, Web based applications using common and industry standard tools K6, JMeter, LoadRunner
- Experience in analyzing APM tools such as NewRelic, Splunk etc
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems internals and networking
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools
- Experience in public cloud services and deployment (Prefer AWS experience)
- Coding experience in one of these languages: Go, Perl, Python or Java
- Experience integrating Open-Source tools
- Strong ability to fix complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar
- Should have experience in developing tools for system configuration, deployment, and monitoring
- Strong belief in driving operational excellence with owning efficiency and automation at the core of operations
- Hard-working desire to automate and improve everything including process improvements, standardizing tools and technologies!
Required Soft Skills
- Methodical and detailed problem-solving approach
- Complete ownership of end-to-end solutions and leading all aspects of their life cycle
- Execution oriented and results driven!
- Customer and peer relationship focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to partner across teams to inspire change
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years professional experience at scale
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$131,100 — $196,700 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.