Senior Software Engineer, Data
18 days ago
We are looking for a motivated Senior Engineer with a strong curiosity about software and data to join the Data Platform team in Copenhagen. The team builds infrastructure and data solutions that transports millions of events every second and is a cornerstone for revenue and growth within Unity. As part of this team you will be able to collaborate with a wide diversity of talents in the fields of engineering, data and infrastructure. You will learn how to develop data centric software and systems that are designed, tested and built with scalability in mind. Unity teams and customers around the world generate more and more data and if you wish to work in an exciting growing field that impacts a product which millions of developers are using across the globe you have come to the right place!
What you’ll be doing
- Participate in, or lead design, implementation and operations of data platform solutions and systems
- Triage product or system issues, identifying root cause and resolving with utmost vitality for continuous improvement
- Contribute to improve existing workflows, processes and documentation
- Collaborate cross-functionally to find opportunities across Unity for data-driven solutions and champion development standard methodologies that ensure quality and velocity with the team
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficient in Go, Java or Python
- Extensive experience building and delivering software solutions.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work multi-functionally with global teams.
You might also have
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud Native tooling
- Experience with Dataflow/Apache Beam
- Knowledge of Data Mesh Architecture or similar patterns in the field
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.