Senior Software Engineer (Data)
13 days ago
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Games Server team, to build out new features and help our players connect in more meaningful ways!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Design, build, implement and maintain the data infrastructure for Machine Learning development and Analytics
- Collaborate with teams across Rec Room to serve data intensive requests and power ML applications
- Work autonomously, solving technical design and development problems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience working in the Hadoop Data Ecosystem or similar
- 3+ years experience working with real time data ingestion/processing
- Experience with high level programming language (e.g. C#, Java, Python)
- Experience with non-relational database/storage technology (i.e., NoSQL, blob storage, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience building modern data pipelines using cloud services
- Experience building systems for development, deployment and serving of machine learning models
- Experience building frameworks to enable data analytics
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Rec Room strives to be an inclusive place for people from all walks of life. We support employees with competitive benefits, leave options, and unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.