Senior Software Engineer, Data
2 months ago
GSN Games is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Data to join our Data Team in San Francisco!
About the GSN Data Team:
The GSN Data team provides the data, analytics, and algorithms necessary to make GSN Games a fun and rich experience for players. We are building a next generation data platform and analytics suite to support the nearly one billion records a day coming from our portfolio of gaming apps, databases, supporting web services, third party APIs, and everything in between.
What You'll Do:
You will be part of an extremely bright and fun-to-work-with team of Software Engineers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and analysts who are passionate about taking our platform as well as our skills to the next level. You will own core pieces of our Data Infrastructure as well as the products built on them. You will also play a key role in defining and developing our future platform.
Nice to Haves:
- 5-7 years experience, demonstrating the successful design, development, and delivery of business-critical data applications from raw business requirements (full life cycle)
- Proficiency with Java/Groovy and Python
- Experience at implementing the full life cycle of massive datasets including real-time data pipelining, ETL, streaming data analytics, and cloud DevOps
- 3-5 years working with high scale Big Data applications for millions of users, preferably on a columnar store database such as Vertica, RedShift, or BigQuery
- Experience developing software against 3rd party APIs / RESTful web services and working with vendors to identify and correct issues and drive enhancements
- Ability to mentor and train other team members
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building consensus among executives of all types
- The ability to work on and manage multiple concurrent projects for multiple stakeholders is essential
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Previous experience with AWS services such as S3, ECS, Kinesis, CloudWatch, etc.
- Previous experience with Vertica, RedShift, BigQuery, or other big data stores
- You’ve worked in the gaming industry