This job might no longer be available.
Lead Software Engineer, Data
Irvine, CA, United States
6 months ago
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of an epic game than the work of developers and more than you can ever imagine goes into continuing to build and hone and perfect the most epic gaming experience in the years after our games are in the hands of gamers worldwide.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an Engineer with software and data development experience to join our Global Growth Marketing team to help shape the next generation of personalized player experiences and deliver growth through player first brand, CRM and performance marketing practices. We are developing data-driven services and tools to provide engaging experiences to our existing and new players. As part of this role, you will be responsible for contributing to the design, implementation, and maintenance of these services as well as building the future martech stack connections and automated workflows.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience leading a team of engineers, managing technical roadmaps and aligning with stakeholders
- Engineering career development strategy
- Technical Decision making and architectural patterns and tradeoffs
- Troubleshooting and navigating complex technical challenges
- Code development and build process best practices
- Data Warehouse Technologies (Teradata, Oracle, GoldenGate pluses)
- ETL Tools and Frameworks (Airflow and Spark pluses)
- SQL-based Reporting Software such as Tableau
- Data modeling techniques such as 3 rd normal form or star schema
- Data enrichment, aggregation, and replication practices
- SQL, navigating cardinality and data structures
- DevOps build techniques and practices (Jenkins, Kubernetes, Terraform pluses)
- Experience with workflow schedulers like Airflow
- Cloud Development Experience on platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or IBM Cloud
- Scala, Spark, and Hadoop big pluses
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience on a software team preferably building back-end data services, APIs, or microservices in a large-scale production environment.
- Good experience working with relational databases and writing SQL
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark, Flink, Hive, etc.)
- Data Modelling and Warehousing concepts and experience
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs.
- MPP Database Solutions, Data Warehousing Technologies
- Full-stack Experience (Infrastructure, Storage, Databases, ETL, Web Services, Visualization)
- Java preferred
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences.