Senior Software Engineer - Creative Play
Stockholm 111 29 SE
17 days ago
As a Senior Software Engineer - Creative Play at Embark you will join a small team building new creative experiences, creating and refining ideas, and then rapidly prototyping and iterating. Together you will build creative experiences, improve cutting edge technology and of course – code!
You have a background in AAA games - and ideally worked on projects featuring systemic layered gameplay and player-facing creative elements. You don’t have to be solid in Rust programming (yet), but you most definitely are curious about how to use it, and you are highly comfortable in technologies where performance, optimization and data structures are essential.
You will work in a multi-disciplinary group, being involved in discussions about all aspects of the product. We will regularly build and release small experiments, get feedback, and change plans accordingly. You should enjoy being in a changing landscape where research and design lead to change, and new systems and ideas happen often.
Example of responsibilities
- Turn “I wonder if we can…” into prototypes that help us evaluate ideas.
- Implement fast minimal versions of systems, iterate them quickly based on design and feedback
- Take working systems and re-architect and improve until they are “real”
- Architecture for large-scale game code such as entity systems, physics, networking
- Regular Rust code design work, reviewing PRs, helping onboard new coders
- Help drive development with planning and organizational work
We would love if you have
- A creative and curious mind
- Multiple years of experience from professional game development
- Interest in “gameplay architecture” around entities, messages, and control structures
- To enjoy working with new technology and new ideas (even when they don't work out)
- Solid experience with C++, Rust or similar languages
- Participated in game jams or other small focused creative development
- Worked with open source code and/or mod communities
- Experience with Roblox, Dreams, Super Mario Maker, or other “creation” games
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."