Senior Software Engineer-Communications
9 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Backend Engineer with the Creator Services - Communication Team, you will have the independence, opportunity, and the end-to-end responsibility to help us create an important and complex set of backend and client features to support the creators of games and other experiences within our Roblox ecosystem.
The Creator Services - Communication Team develops our cloud services and infrastructure which allow Roblox experiences to operate at scale and communicate across a broad set of use cases and functionalities. These systems allow our creators to publish and manage compelling content within the Roblox ecosystem in ways that they could only previously imagine. You will help us create and extend important services in our cross-discipline team within our Roblox ecosystem.
- An outstanding software engineer with 4+ years experience shipping high complexity code and high impact projects (leveling will be based on experience)
- Experienced in building and supporting backend applications at scale
- Proficient in C#, Java, Go or any other object-oriented programming language
- Consistent with building and delivering projects from conception to production
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- A collaborative team member
- Product-minded with an interest in understanding the end-user
You May Be:
- Proficient at full-stack development including using React.js for web frontends
- Proficient at developing either REST or gRPC APIs
- Proficient at C++ development
- Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to design, test and deploy our services within the Roblox ecosystem
- Help design our systems and services to be scalable and resilient
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.