Senior Software Engineer (Co-operative FPS Game)
6 days ago
Demiurge is starting work on a new, super-secret game project, and we are looking for oustanding engineers to join the team!
If you have a passion for gameplay, and experience developing with Unreal Engine, we’d love to hear from you. As an engineer at Demiurge Studios you’ll work with other engineers, artists and designers to deliver innovative games for the PC, mobile, and console. Demiurge development teams are cohesive, highly skilled and well-supported…come join us!
- Work closely with artists and designers to understand and define game features and system requirements
- Author technical design documents for the team which specify what will be developed and how
- Provide time estimates and development plans for feature development
- Implement, test, debug and maintain source code
- Provide ongoing support to artists and designers
- Track your development progress and keep production management well-informed
- Think creatively and work proactively to solve any blocking issues for yourself and your teammates
- Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and to specification
- Review the work of other engineers and provide constructive guidance in a highly collaborative environment
- Make educated trade-offs among scope, quality and pace
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Strong programming and software architecture skills
- Experience working in C++
- Experience developing with Unreal Engine
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Has an interest in good software engineering practices and maintaining code quality
- Self motivated and able to achieve development goals with minimal supervision
- Has a passion for games and plays them regularly
Preference to Applicants with:
- Experience developing apps or games for mobile platforms
- Experience with live operations
- Database development experience with SQL
- Experience developing HTTP APIs for a web service
- Experience setting up automated build systems and unit test frameworks.
- Experience developing games using agile methodologies
Demiurge Studios is a rapidly growing video game developer based in Boston, MA. Creating games is our passion and we bring over 20 years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry games such as Hearthstone Battlegrounds, Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect. Now is a great time to join Demiurge, as we are about to begin development on our next hit game!
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.