This job might no longer be available.
Jr. Software Engineer, Cloud Back-End
Aliso Viejo, CA, United States
6 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Aliso Viejo, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Back-End
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, the Cloud Gaming Engineering and Infrastructure (CGEI) team is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting
console-quality video games on any device. As a Software Engineer on the Cloud Back-End Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in the design and development of server-side applications for cloud automation on a large geographically distributed infrastructure.
- Implementation of features in distributed back end systems as defined by senior engineers
- Ownership of the implementation and delivery of small features
- Write and execute unit tests via testing frameworks
- Triage and fix reported bugs within applications
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
- Share knowledge for deliverables with engineering team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant development experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Working knowledge of Java or Golang required
- Working knowledge of Linux and Bash
- Exposure to one ot two data stores (i.e. NoSQL, Relational, etc.)
- Working knowledge of version control tools such as git
- Familiar with Agile development environment
- Gamer is a plus
- Enjoys working in multifaceted, dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Contribution to the open-source community (ie. blogs, source code, etc)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to build an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.