Senior Software Engineer (VR, Generalist)
10 months ago
Supernatural is helping countless people fall in love with working out for the first time in their lives.
Supernatural harnesses the immersive power of virtual reality to let you travel the world as you smash and box targets to the beat of over 1,000 top hits, coached by a professional trainer. With an ever-growing library of workouts across Supernatural Flow (our original full body cardio modality), Supernatural Boxing, Coach-led Stretch sessions and Guided Meditation, Supernatural invites you to discover your inner athlete and have fun working out. Available on the Oculus Quest.
Check out the Official Supernatural Community on Facebook to meet our diverse community of athletes and coaches as they celebrate their fitness journeys together. Supernatural is loved by The New York Times , Washington Post, GOOP, People, Today, Men’s Fitness, Women’s Health and hundreds more, check out our press page for more.
Join our team and become part of a community dedicated to helping people find joy in health and wellness today.
What you’ll do:
Supernatural is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to develop and support the architecture of our VR client application and technical implementation of various features that will springboard Supernatural to being the health and fitness experience of choice for everyone. Working with fellow engineers, you will push the boundaries of what's achievable on mobile VR headsets and optimize and scale the application for our rapidly growing user base. Together with engineering leadership and product/project management, you will help determine the best approach to add to a world-class live application on an ongoing basis. You bring a passion for constructing robust and resilient platform infrastructure to accelerate and scale the development capabilities of all Supernatural teams.
- First and foremost, help us deliver innovative solutions to drive the advancement of our live products at scale
- Evolve the architecture of the application for extensibility and maintainability
- Stay informed on and adapt to a rapidly evolving software and hardware ecosystem
- Deliver stable, maintainable, high-performance code on time and to spec, while ensuring high-quality contributions across the team
- Actively participate in engineering process improvement discussions
- Mentor team members and share your expertise to level up the team
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Experience developing in Unity, Unreal or an equally robust game engine
- Experience working on client platforms (game consoles, mobile devices, etc)
- Experience building complex UI and state machines
- Experience building app architectures for dynamic content updates
- Experience working on a live application at scale, including high frequency shipping cycles
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, both verbally and written
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience developing for VR headsets
- Deep expertise in Unity and C#
- Familiarity with the modern .NET ecosystem outside of Unity
Where you’ll be:
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Post COVID, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours: We operate within the Pacific time zone for collaboration
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.