Senior Software Engineer - C++
22 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision ( Plans Vary )*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
We're currently looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to join our Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery team! In this role, you will have the opportunity to build on one of the world’s most beloved franchises, while teaming up with some of the gaming industry’s top developers, designers and creatives.
- Take ownership of upcoming large game features and provide guidance to other engineers as a subject matter expert.
- Architect and refine the game content pipeline, coordinating with non-engineer team members and managing expectations on deliverables.
- Work directly with stakeholders on projects, providing critical technical information for design and product consideration.
- Create production ready, high quality code that can be easily maintained and shared.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent Software Engineering training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of core computer science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, memory management and their practical applications.
- Proven expertise in producing high-performance products, with focus on performance tuning and optimal resource utilization.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and diagnose issues in code.
- Expert knowledge of C++.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in the game industry or a related field.
- Experience with game content pipelines and development team tooling.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with a visionary spirit.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience using and building tools for Maya.
- Experience with mobile development.
- Experience with Cocos2d-x.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $114,500 — $201,5000 salary per year.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.