Senior Software Engineer (C++) - R & D
Schlieren ZH ch
9 months ago
We are looking for a motivated Senior Software Engineer (C++) - R & D to support our development team in Schlieren/Zürich, Switzerland.
In this role you are individually responsible for a range of extensive projects, each of whom is different and challenging. You are using your strong C++ and mathematics knowledge to implement complex and state-of-the art solutions.
While your main activity will be programming, this position also involves a significant coordination part. You will cooperate both with internal and external partners and use your strong communication skills to achieve good results at all times.
What qualification and skills do we expect from you?
- You have achieved at least a bachelor in computer science or a similar field
- You need more than 5 years of experience in video game programming or a related field
- Very strong C++ knowledge is indispensable for this role
- You are strong in mathematics, mainly linear algebra and algorithms
- You are an independent and well organised worker with strong interpersonal skills
- You have a very structured way of work and ensure good software architecture at all times
- You have a passion for games and a game development background
- Very good English knowledge is required
What would be a plus?
- LUA experience would be an asset
- German knowledge would be a plus
What do we offer?
At GIANTS, you will be working in an exciting and fast-moving environment in the games industry.
We offer flexible working hours and an attractive compensation, plus multiple perspectives for evolution in our young, successful and growing company.
We care about the wellbeing of our employees by providing free drinks, fruits, snacks, coffee as well as organising regular team building events and entertainment activities.
To apply for this position, please send us a resume and a cover letter.
GIANTS Software is one of the most successful game developers in Europe, with offices in Zürich (Switzerland), Erlangen (Germany) and Brno (Czech Republic). It is well known for its “Farming Simulator” series, a worldwide best-selling game and real-time simulation, for many years.