Senior Software Engineer (C++) - Core Game Engine
4 months ago
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (C++) - Core Game Engine to support our programming team in Schlieren/Zürich, Switzerland.
In this very challenging and senior role you will implement new features to our own GIANTS Engine. You will also improve and optimise existing functionality using cutting-edge technology with a strong focus on performance and memory usage.
You are a member of a small team with extensive responsibilities and report directly to the company’s CTO. While programming will be the biggest part of your role, your responsibilities also include research and planning, as well as coordination with stakeholders within the company.
What qualification and skills do we expect from you?
- You should be a software engineer (Master’s degree or equivalent) with strong IT knowledge in general
- You need more than 5 years of experience in the field of engine programming in the gaming industry
- Very strong C++ knowledge and experience in multi-threaded programming is indispensable for this role
- You have a very structured way of work and ensure good software architecture at all times
- You are strong in mathematics, mainly linear algebra and algorithms
- You have a passion for games and a game development background
- Very good English knowledge is required
What would be a plus?
- It would be an asset to have experience with the LUA programming language
- Experience with multiplatform development would be beneficial
What do we offer?
At GIANTS, you will be working in an exciting and fast-moving environment in the games industry.
We offer flexible working hours and an attractive compensation, plus multiple perspectives for evolution in our young, successful and growing company.
We care about the wellbeing of our employees by providing free drinks, fruits, snacks, coffee as well as organising regular team building events and entertainment activities.
To apply for this position, please send us a resume and a cover letter.
GIANTS Software is one of the most successful game developers in Europe, with offices in Zürich (Switzerland), Erlangen (Germany) and Brno (Czech Republic). It is well known for its “Farming Simulator” series, a worldwide best-selling game and real-time simulation, for many years.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.