Senior Software Engineer — C++/Animation Tools
11 days ago
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a Senior Software Engineer with professional experience developing 3D production tools using C++ for feature animation, games or VFX.
At DigitalFish, you will help us build next-generation technologies that define the future of digital-media creation and consumption for millions of users. DigitalFish has long been a trusted partner of leading digital media companies, and we are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences.
Ideal candidates will have 10+ years relevant work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen.
- Contribute to core development of new high-end 3D animation tools targeting a broad base of creative users and emerging application areas
- Advance a cutting-edge, multithreaded animation execution and posing engine
- Support development of next-generation graphics technologies on current and emerging hardware
- Design, develop, test and support the deployment of new software components and systems
- Work closely with other experts in animation technology, 3D graphics, computer vision and machine learning while contributing to future production pipelines and engines
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams including artists, animators, storytellers, and game designers to provide artist-accessible tools and enable new content-creation pipelines
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables while aligning with other team members and product management in a fast paced, Agile environment
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 7+ years experience developing computer-graphics systems and tools, or a combination of an advanced degree and significant graphics-engineering work experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience developing in modern C++
- Fluency with 3D computer-graphics API's (modern OpenGL, Vulkan or Metal)
- Solid understanding of linear algebra and 3D graphics fundamentals
- Significant experience in large-scale engineering projects for film, games or VFX
- Broad familiarity with tools and processes used in digital production including: character rigging and deformation, libraries (especially Pixar’s USD), file formats (Usdz, FBX, Alembic), DCC plugins and pipeline concepts
- Strong general programming skills
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features built on cutting-edge technologies
- Enormous opportunity for learning and professional growth
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
We fully support telecommuting during these times. We have offices in San Mateo, CA, and at your option you could begin working from that office when we reopen it later this year.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact us.
DigitalFish is not able to sponsor immigration petitions for this role at this time. We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately. We look forward to hearing from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.