Senior Software Engineer, Browser
18 days ago
The Helio team is working on pushing the boundaries of spatial computation and making the internet 3D. The browser and web platform integrates with nearly everything on the OS level.
We’re looking for someone with strong C++ software development skills who wants to dive into new problems and develop new skill sets. If you want to expand your skill sets in different areas of software engineering and be mentored by a great team of engineers, this is the position for you! You will contribute features, solve problems, write test cases and optimize software throughout the software stack at the application, engine and OS level. We work really closely with other engineering teams in the OS, Graphics, Multimedia, Rendering engines etc, as well as with Product and UX teams, so you will be comfortable communicating and working with different perspectives. We’re working with the latest AR headset technology and you must also be comfortable with evolving toolsets, cross-compilation and debugging devices.
Due to Covid-19, hires for this position may start remotely but will be required to relocate to HQ (in Florida) when it is safe to do so, thus, you must be able to work in the US.
- Work closely with other teams to design and develop software solutions across teams and platforms.
- Create documentation for software design
- Work closely with stakeholders to communicate software design
- Write code, samples, prototypes, test cases, and unit tests
- Provide thoughtful, actionable, and supportive feedback during code and design reviews.
- Minimum 2 Years of professional experience with C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must have experience with at least one of the following:
- Webkit, Blink or other web rendering engines
- 3D engines and game development
- Experience with WebXR, Three.js or babylonJS are nice to have
- Experience with Embedded operating systems development is nice to have
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field