This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, Bidding Solutions
11 days ago
In Helsinki, you will work on the Unity Monetization platform, building high-throughput distributed systems on an unprecedented scale. You will be doing what Google does on the web – only you will be doing it in games! What’s more, your work will have a positive impact, helping game developers get paid for their work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-volume environment. We use Golang, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, NATS, Redis, MongoDB, Kubernetes and so much more! Stability, quality, and robustness of code is in the heart of Unity, as our advertising network reaches millions of gamers daily. Our teams are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enable us to scale towards the future.
Quality of service is paramount to our team as we are responsible for making sure that code is robustly tested to encourage incremental releases daily. Our model of continuous, multiple deployments on a daily basis, lets us move fast with small iterations validated by data.
We believe that if you have strong software development experience in architecturing backend services, a quality driven attitude and the right mindset for learning new things, then you're the person we’re looking for.
- Design, develop new services and improve our existing services through careful planning and building software through incremental small changes
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Ensure quality by supplying features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests
- You make the team better by voicing out your opinions for example in the team retros
- Solid experience in software development using at least one compiled and statically typed language (Java, Golang, C++ or similar)
- Ability to communicate clearly your ideas, solutions and discuss them with the team
- Ability to design and reason about services in a distributed system, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability
- Understanding how different data storage engines and messaging systems work and what are their limitations
- Quality-driven attitude
- Golang is a huge plus, we use it as our primary language
- Node.js is a plus, we have services which still use it
- Experience and understanding of container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, we run our services on GKE
- Terraform and Google Cloud Platform is a plus, we build and own our infrastructure
- Good understanding of messaging systems and their limitations
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.