Senior Software Engineer, Backend + UI
13 days ago
Bonfire Studios is a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment where every developer’s voice shapes the company, the game, and the tasks we work on each day. When we welcome players into our multiplayer, team-based, competitive game, we want to invite them into an end-to-end player experience that’s compelling, exciting, and engaging. We’re looking for an experienced engineer who is passionate about collaborating and iterating with our world-class development team to help us bring that experience to life.
About the Role
- You will use your keen eye for good game design, high quality bar, and data-oriented design approach to stand up end-to-end platform, social, and meta-progression features, translating creative visions into technical realities that allow content creators to iterate using tools with minimal engineering intervention.
- You'll be developing features, tools and technology leveraging Unity’s new Data-Oriented Tech Stack in C#, microservices in GoLang, and UI in Blend/XAML. Your additional experience in other platforms, programming languages, and scripting technologies will be appreciated and put to good use.
- Your main focus will be on meta-game features, UI, the gameplay systems and data powering the user interfaces you build, and overall user experience. You will drive end-to-end features, understanding and shaping the design, standing up the system architecture needed to bring it to life in-game, gathering feedback from engineers, content creators, and players and utilizing it to iterate and refine your work.
- You'll wear many hats, have ample opportunity to utilize your prior experience shipping multiplayer games, and also be supported in experimenting with new areas of interest to you.
- Your ultimate impact on the studio will be unbounded; we lean on each other's passions and embrace one another's unique perspectives on game development to help us all grow as a team together. You will have many opportunities to contribute to areas of the game and the company outside your core focus.
We're excited about you because you...
- Believe, as we do, that great games are the product of great teams that put their people first.
- Want to have a large impact while collaborating with other talented developers in a tight knit AAA studio, rolling up your sleeves and using your passions and interests to shape your role at the company.
- Thrive on collaboration and communicate well with developers of all disciplines.
- Are open, humble, eager, and excited about learning and contributing in multiple areas of the studio. Your curiosity propels you to jump in and dive deep on new problems.
- Clearly articulate engineering architectural designs and tradeoffs with fellow engineers and non-technical developers.
- Have live multiplayer game experience, and are familiar with building scalable systems and supporting them in a live game setting.
- Value building trust with the people you work with.
- Value working with a diverse team and welcome different perspectives.
- Have a growth mindset and also care about helping others develop.
- Are as passionate about the creative process and developing games as we are!
You'll love working at Bonfire because we...
- Have strong values that include transparency, ownership, and trust. We are a people-first studio that also strives for a high bar of excellence in our creations.
- Celebrate craft expertise because we are a small, tight-knit group of highly experienced game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game.
- Offer opportunities to learn and contribute beyond your focused discipline in areas of interest or passion.
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
You can learn more about Bonfire's studio culture, team, benefits, and perks on our website: www.bonfirestudios.com