Senior Software Engineer, Automation, Diablo
23 days ago
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Automation, Diablo
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Are you a motivated and experienced Automation Engineer? Do you get excited about making sure there is a regular and reliable flow of game builds? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for all things Diablo. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
- Responsibility for a rich automation infrastructure covering areas such as build generation, performance, stability, verification, deployment, etc.
- Design and implement new ways to improve and streamline our automation, impacting hundreds of engineers and content creators across the country
- Help improve test coverage through the design and implementation of automated testing processes
- Be heavily involved in maintaining an army of agents consisting of various platforms and capabilities
- Work side by side with QA, feature developers, design, and production to identify and mitigate risk areas
- Provide support to the entire Diablo 4 team around build creation and test results
- Strong, proven C++ or C# skills
- Strong passion for automation, building game images, software testing, and large-scale performance and stress testing
- Expertise in using, developing for, and maintaining Continuous Integration (CI) software, such as Jenkins
- Ability to communicate with developers of all disciplines and technical skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Passion for video games
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of additional languages like Groovy, Powershell, Python or Java
- Expertise in Windows and Linux environments
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software
- Experience integrating version control systems
- Worked with video game console automation before
- Experience with SQL databases
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY, Austin, TX or Irvine, CA.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.