Senior Software Engineer, Audio
13 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Audio
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate senior audio engineer to author audio systems and tools for an unannounced AAA project. An audio engineer at Blizzard embraces and fosters Blizzard’s core value of “Gameplay First” through collaboration with art, design, engineering, sound, and production to create robust and compelling audio gameplay experiences.
We are a team of passionate developers that highly value open-minded collaboration, direct feedback, and the eagerness to grab and drive game development to Blizzard quality. We’re looking for an engineer with qualities above and beyond engineering. We want a person that enjoys working in a group setting; who speaks sound designer and geek with equal fluency, and whose experience in creative environments has reinforced the value of communications, empathy, and knowledge sharing.
- Work closely with the audio team serving as the primary audio engineer of the team
- Partner with design, engineering, and audio team members to implement new and improve existing audio tools that meet the project’s needs.
- Actively contribute to cross-team audio tools and runtime development, partnering with a central-service shared game engine team and platform team to help define generalized engine audio requirements and assist with implementation.
- Author documentation and communicate best practices and technical constraints of the audio systems and tools to engineering and content creation team members.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values.
- 3+ years of relevant game audio programming experience on at least one shipped AAA title
- Advanced knowledge of C++, both historical patterns as well as modern language features.
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills.
- Passion for game audio and tools development with a service-oriented attitude.
- Knowledge of audio signal processing - mixing, sample rates, data compression, filters, reverbs, 3D positional audio, etc.
- Loves video games
- B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proven experience shipping games on multiple platforms such as PC, console, and mobile.
- Experience with off-the-shelf sound engines such as FMOD or Wwise
- Music and/or Sound design experience - composing/arranging, sound design, synthesis, sampling, MIDI sequencing, audio engineering/mixing, digital audio workstations, etc.
- Strong math skills (linear algebra, trig, etc.)