Senior Software Engineer, Asset System - Unannounced Survival Game
6 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Software Engineer, Asset System - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
We are seeking a Senior Asset Engineer to help build and support the Asset System that powers the productivity of our development team. The Asset System transforms all the various types of data that come from our digital content tools to our engine ready formats. It's a key component in providing a smooth workflow for all the developers on the team
We believe our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We need help with
- Contribute to the development and discussions surrounding overall engine architecture
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Furthering the efficiency, maintainability, and scalability of the Asset System and technology developed by the team.
- Authoring documentation and communicating best practices and technical constraints of the engine and Asset System stack to team members.
- Partnering with technical leadership and senior engineers across the organization to promote cross-team shared code initiatives and open/internal source contributions.
- Championing Blizzard’s core values.
What you are good at
- Communication skills for sharing ideas clearly, learning from others, and giving meaningful feedback
- Advanced knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Understanding of what makes a good API for developers and users
- Writing fluent C++ code with an advanced knowledge of both historical patterns and modern language features.
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills.
- Practical knowledge of multithreading
Extra awesome points for
- B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or other development engines.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- Experience with Relational Databases (SQL) or Document stores (NoSQL).
- Experience with modern source control systems, such as Subversion, Git, or Perforce.
- Interest in automated testing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.