Senior, Software Engineer, Android Framework
7 days ago
Magic Leap is looking to expand its OS Platform into the Framework and System Applications team. We are looking for exceptionally talented senior programmers who will work as a part of a team on specific projects involving software design, development, testing, and commercialization of android device management solution on an android framework that will be integrated into Magic Leap's LuminOS.
A successful candidate will collaborate with multiple software development teams, product management, program and release management, operations, and end customer development teams regularly.
- Design and implement new framework features, modify existing framework, develop system applications for the AOSP integrated LuminOS platform and application framework
- Architect, design, and develop a variety of platform software services and frameworks to enhance the Magic Leap device operating system capabilities
- Collaborate with other software engineers, program, product release management, operations, and external partner teams to help design and develop mobile device management features for various enterprises on the Magic Leap device
- Write unit, integration, and performance tests
- 5+ years of experience with Android development either in android framework or android system applications
- Experience with Android internals or frameworks services and using JNI
- Experience with AOSP (Android Open Source Project)
- Experience with shipping high-quality consumer products
- Experience with coding in both C/C+ and Java
- Full lifecycle embedded software development experience
- Familiarity with mobile device management software is a plus
- Knowledge of Client-Server Architecture as well as an understanding of networking and multithreading
- Building applications that run on real-time operating systems in latency and performance constrained environments
- Exceptional ability to write clean, fast, reliable, and highly scalable software
- The propensity for shipping products, ideally commercially available software.
- Ability to automate and unit test everything as much as possible.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.