Senior, Software Engineer, Acoustics - Contractor
12 days ago
You will join a stimulating, fast-paced environment to contribute in the development of the next generation of wearable spatial computing devices. The role involves optimizing the performance and manufacturability of electro-acoustic transducers by integrating mechanical, acoustical, and psychoacoustic principles.
- Acoustic software and manufacturing test bring-up, build validation, debugging and support.
- Interface with manufacturing and QA organizations to ensure successful prototype and builds.
- Liaison with acoustic technology suppliers or contractors (some international travel may be required).
- Create clear and thorough documentation for internal and cross-functional reference.
- Track milestones to ensure performance targets are met at each design gate.
- Collaborate effectively and proactively within a team responsible for the design and deployment of a complex audio subsystem under strict schedule and architectural constraints.
- Extensive experience (minimum 3 years) in acoustic design/engineering and transducer characterization.
- Solid experience with acoustic testing and measurement equipment such as Soundcheck, Audio Precision, Head Acoustics ACQUA, Bruel & Kjaer HATS.
- Solid experience with software scripting tools/languages (Batch, Python, Matlab, etc.).
- Solid working knowledge of audio, acoustics, and psychoacoustics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with audio signal processing, audio effects/enhancement, virtual/augmented reality.
- Experience with hardware and software, wired and wireless, digital audio interfaces and related functions in mobile and/or wearable consumer devices
- Experience with Android/Linux; Github/Gerrit, Perforce.
- Experience with interactive audio software frameworks such as Unity, Max/MSP, AudioMulch, Audio Weaver or similar.
- Experience with digital audio workstations and sound design/editing software tools.
- Experience with team and project coordination, including Agile methodology, task scheduling, requirement and milestone tracking
- Experience with authoring, editing and presenting technical documents
- Experience with technical publication and patent application/prosecution.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Mechanical, Physics, Acoustics) or equivalent experience required . MSc/MA or PhD preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.