Senior Software Engineer - Accessibility
2 months ago
We believe that everyone should be able to use Discord. From ensuring excellent screen reader support to implementing keyboard navigation, we ensure that all our users can have a delightful experience with Discord. We're a small but mighty group of generalists who focus on product excellence, building primitives for other engineers, and talking to our users to be sure we're meeting their needs.
We're looking for product-driven, empathetic engineers who have experience building front-end architecture for other engineers, and very importantly, compassion for our users. We encourage our engineers to follow their interests while maintaining real ownership over their work.
- Work across iOS, Android, and web to guarantee a delightful experience for all our users
- Be a resource for other teams on the best way to handle accessibility needs across the product
- Work with product, design, and other team members on how to maintain accessibility standards for the long-haul
- Build internal tools to empower all of engineering and design to create accessible features
- Familiarity with web (React, TypeScript), iOS (React Native, Objective-C, Swift), or Android (Kotlin, RxJava) development. We're a cross-platform team and believe that engineers should be empowered to work across a variety of tech stacks. The stacks you don't know, we'll teach you!
- Experience building, shipping, and iterating on product features
- Experience balance speed and quality to ship high impact products
- Experience advocating for and talking to real users
- Shipped products across multiple platforms (web, iOS, and Android)
- A history of open-source contributions to community libraries and tools.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance (options for individual and/or family, including One Medical membership for health) and Disability benefits
- Commuter subsidies, healthcare and/or Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 4 weeks of PTO (alongside 14 paid holidays and use-what-you-need sick days)
- Parental Leave
- Well-being programs, including fitness allowance (we have yoga once a week in our office!)
- 401(K) plans
- Catered lunches Monday-Friday and a fully-stocked kitchen (snacks and beverages galore!)
- Regular company and team social events such as game nights, happy hours and events
- An annual desk fund to make your space truly yours
- Headphone allowance
- Internal Learning and Development workshops to help with continued personal and professional growth
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.