This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, AR HMD OS - Connectivity
1 month ago
The Niantic Augmented Reality Head Mounted Display (AR HMD) team is on a mission to build the most immersive and entertaining outdoor AR experiences. Building on Niantic's unparalleled AR gaming expertise and services, we will enhance the real-world with unique, engaging, and shared location-based adventures which encourage everyone to explore and enjoy the world around them. We are seeking innovative and pioneering engineers to be part of our journey.
Niantic is seeking senior software engineers to architect, build core subsystems of the AR HMD. There are multiple opportunities for engineers to develop the foundations of this project. You will work with your teammates to define and achieve key metrics for real-time performance, power management, security and overall user experience.
- Build multi-radio coexistence for innovative user experience.
- Contribute to the overall architecture, Design and implement OS components at all layers of the system, e.g.: kernel, synchronization primitives, resource allocators, memory management, security, I/O systems, persistence, etc.
- Understand software components from multiple partner teams, lead the integration of those components into the unified product code base, and drive their continued development.
- Collaborate with other team members, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Debug complex, system-level, multi-component issues that typically span across multiple layers from kernel to application.
- Profile performance problems and drive optimizations that span the entire software stack
- Mentor teammates on software development.
- A BSc in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other equivalent technical degree or proven experience.
- Demonstrated ability to ship commercial consumer solutions and to support them in production.
- Experience collaborating with product management and peers to derive system and product requirements.
- Experience decomposing system requirements and working with multiple team members to achieve them.
- Experience in crafting performant C/C++/Java software in a constrained embedded environment.
- Experience with connectivity systems (e.g., Bluetooth/Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, Ultra-Wide Band (UWB), Security, Protocol, and Radio).
- You have shipped embedded device projects built on Android or Linux Kernel and have closely collaborated with hardware teams.
- You have built or optimized connectivity stack on mobile devices
- You have familiarity with PHY/RF/System protocol performance evaluation methodology, analysis/metrics
- You have worked with open computer vision and AR/VR standards like OpenCV, OpenXR, including AR frameworks such as ARCore and ARKit.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.