Senior Software Engineer, 3D Runtime & Tools
9 days ago
Ozone Story Tech is a lean software startup with a $50M valuation. We are disrupting and reimagining the character animation process.
Ready to join an exciting team working with a revolutionary new entertainment technology? Ozone Story Tech is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (3D Runtime & Tools) to join our growing team of gaming and animation entertainment professionals! We’re looking for an experienced engineer who can lead the charge on design, implementation, and optimization of our character rigging and animation products based on our proprietary Ozone Engine.
As Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be working closely with other engineers, rigging artists, designers, and product owners to develop engine modifications and plugins for Unreal Engine, Unity, Maya and others, that enable cinematic-quality 3D characters, worlds, and experiences. Our team is passionate about character authoring quality, entertainment value, and cross-platform, cross-product consistency, and it shows in everything we do. You’ll act as a senior contributor among our engineering team, setting the precedent for quality and forward thinking.
This position requires daily interaction with a remote team, so you’ll need the ability to function as both a self-starter and a team player to succeed. If that sounds good to you, we want to hear from you!
- Creating engine and DCC plugins bringing our character technology to industry-leading products such as Unreal Engine, Unity, Maya, and others
- Building and enhancing 3D character technology through every stage of development, from early concept to testing and iterative development
- Participating in projects of all sizes across multiple departments and teams
- Adhering to coding best practices for the highest quality outcomes possible
- Mentoring and leading other software engineers in best practices for 3D software
- Collaborating with multiple teams and cross-departmental personnel to bring each project over the finish line through streamlined workflows and pipelines
- Working closely with department heads and project managers to ensure project deadlines and goals are met
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining software architecture for performance and scalability for bringing high-detailed 3D content to life
- Responding to QA error reporting and resolution, in accordance with engineering manager’s direction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or other related field
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience working in large C++ code bases
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience developing products or titles in the gaming, animated entertainment, simulation, or visual effects industries
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience directly utilizing 3D graphics APIs (Direct3D, OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal, etc.) or equivalent low-level engine APIs (Unreal RHI, etc.)
- Experience authoring components and shaders in Unreal Engine 4 or 5, a significant plus.
- Ability to write, optimize, and debug code, including multi-threaded code
- Knowledge of computer hardware architecture, GPU architecture, etc.
- Excellent programming skills with impeccable attention to quality and detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive understanding of best practices and coding principles
- Extensive knowledge of computer animation algorithms and data structures
- Desire to mentor and support the growth of other software engineers
- Ability to build and adhere to scheduled milestones and goals, as well as helping team members stick to project timelines
Salary Range dependent on experience: $125,000 to $153,000
Ozone offers a robust benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Life Insurance
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.