This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer 2
18 days ago
Zynga is looking for a client-side engineer in the Austin, Eugene, Chicago, or Toronto areas, and more specifically, someone whose level of experience should be equivalent to a Senior Software Engineer.
We have a well-rounded and tight-knit, distributed team with a healthy mix of engineering skill levels, and are looking to strengthen our team in solving a variety of challenges that we face. We need a dedicated and motivated engineer who is a communicator, works well as a standout colleague, and performs well under deadlines.
The candidate would have an opportunity to work on user-facing features (including UI / UX), core gameplay functionality, engine-level systems, and have a focus on solving ambitious problems for high profile titles. The ideal candidate will have strong working knowledge in Unity, be fluent in C#, and will have at least four years of experience working on teams in the game industry.
Our mission is to “Connect the World through Games” by building a truly social experience that makes the world a better place. To be successful in this role you will have a passion for games, a high level of integrity, great technical depth and skills, and a strong desire to build successful software.
Don’t hesitate; Apply now!
- Feature and Gameplay Engineer
- Individual Contributor, working under a Technical Lead
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering field with at least 5 years of development experience
- DevOps experience on Linux systems
- Extensive experience and strong skills with backend Java and Ruby/Rails
- Extensive experience with MySQL Server
- Experience writing highly scalable systems
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with other disciplines on game features and tasks
- Good mentoring skills
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience in Git or a similar version control system
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Passionate about software engineering, easy to work with and eager to help others on your team succeed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication
- Has solid CS skills, but also knows when to be pragmatic
- Experience working with Amazon AWS
- Experience with backend Java
- Prior Game Development Experience
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Experience with git
- Mobile development experience with a focus on iOS and/or Android
- Performance profiling and optimization experience
- Experience in C/C++, or similar programming language
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canada)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. The pay range for this position for applicants based in Colorado at the start of employment is expected to be between $105,000 and $190,000per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.