Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (Senior SDET)
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Have a passion for automation? Want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are seeking engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test who can help ensure we're able to continue to grow our capabilities without negative impact to our passionate user base.
What You'll Do
- Build, maintain and improve test frameworks, and help teams set up automation infrastructure
- Develop and implement standard methodologies for automation, continuous build and deploy, automated testing, multi-functional end-to-end testing, including device testing, and performance testing
- Work with globally distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers
- Report, track and verify defects as well as monitor Automation jobs.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Expand testing and automation across teams to promote ownership of quality
- Assist with production deployment support and post release
This Role Will Require Knowledge Of
- Testing – the study and practice a variety of test techniques and methodologies, and are familiar with prominent voices in the online testing community
- Test automation – an interest in test automation to a level where you can discuss the pros and cons of various automation approaches. To support this, you also have working knowledge of a modern programming language
- Agile software development – understand the common methodologies and can articulate how a strong tester can best support their team in that context
- Mentoring – you love to share knowledge and are good at it. Comfortable training a new team member on the features you are responsible for testing, demonstrating interesting tools and techniques you have found to be effective to your team
- Performance - passionate about application performance and care about application load time, perceived performance and user retention
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- 7+ years or equivalent experience in automation.
- Practical experience using development and deployment tools: Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with Selenium or Appium or UI Automation technologies
- Knowledge and experience testing APIs, Libraries, SDK / Application Frameworks, Native Applications
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to estimate effort and size of features
- Experience with agile development methodologies and TDD processes
- Experience using project and test case management tools.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.