This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Unannounced Project
Irvine, CA, United States
10 months ago
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating cost effective software development tools which will be used to enhance game development? Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We share knowledge and improve our skills by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, mentoring, and embracing techniques that keep us delivering quality entertainment. In this position you will help build and maintain tools used in development every day. Are you excited about the prospect of joining our team and being a part of Blizzard Entertainment?
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with Blizzard teams to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals.
- Identify, design, and deliver technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing cost of test execution.
- Implement metrics, analyze test data and results to identify patterns, report on risk status to development partners and influence software quality.
- Mentor other engineers and provide technical guidance to individuals and teams.
- Share insights, solutions and best practices within the team and across Blizzard.
- 5+ years of experience as a Tester, QA Engineer, SDET, Software Engineer or similar role with focus on quality.
- 4+ years software engineering experience in a professional environment.
- Fluency in C#.
- Experience in the architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses and/or QA focused tools.
- Experience interpreting large data sets and/or creating data analysis tools.
- Commitment to quality and sustainable software development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Unity.
- Experience with C++ development.
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions.
- Experience working with multiple platforms such as Windows, Mac, Consoles, iOS and Android.
- Experience with game software testing.
- Passion for video games.