Senior, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)- Cloud Services
4 days ago
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test for the system test team, you will be part of the effort to test and deploy our cloud services to support Magic Leap devices and web-based applications. Our test engineers are responsible for validating their components(s) end to end. They work closely with development and product teams to make sure features are delivered as described.
The Senior Software Development Engineer in test will take software requirements from the development team, create test cases and test scripts, certify them with the developers, and run the verification once the requirement is integrated.
- Work with team members in an agile environment.
- Participate in sprint planning and prioritization.
- Participate in development team scrum meetings.
- Work closely with developers to reproduce and resolve bugs
- Review functional requirements to create clean and well-documented test cases.
- Write up documentation that may not necessarily be provided by the development team.
- As a Test Engineer you will work with the development, test, and automation teams to define, develop, and execute white box tests at the API level and back box tests and system level that will allow us to perform functional and non-functional validation of the the following:
- Deployment scripts on local server, GCP and AWS environments
- Device Management/Communication
- Telemetry verification/validation
- Device and Cloud interoperability
- Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code changes to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release
- Help deploy and troubleshoot test environments.
- 5+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the test development and execution of client server interactions across the cloud.
- 3+ years working with cloud: AWS, GCP or Kubernetes support environment
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Solid experience in defect management (creating, follow-up and validation of defect reports) and in test management tools like JIRA.
- Practical knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes/VM/Jenkins.
- Process-oriented with high attention to detail and good follow-through.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Scripting knowledge of Python, PowerShell and bash scripting is desirable.
- Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues.
- Experience in private cloud or on-premise deployments is a bonus.
Culture Based Qualifications:
- Have a team first mentality
- Work well with others: giving feedback and taking feedback in a constructive manner
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Most of all, be able to: “ Have fun and work hard ”
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines