Senior Software Developer
10 days ago
Are you looking for interesting challenges in the game audio domain? Do things like spatial audio, low latency audio playback and digital signal processing pique your curiosity? If you enjoy developing audio plugins or custom DSPs, we would like to hear from you! Your day to day will involve working closely with the team to brainstorm new feature ideas, craft and develop APIs and build workflows/tooling to expose them to our users. Come be part of our team and enable us to build a feature rich audio engine in Unity!
What you’ll be doing
- Be instrumental in defining the path forward for audio in Unity
- Designing, building & maintaining Unity's audio engine
- Developing new features and workflows with a quality and user focussed approach
- Working closely with partners like our Product Manager, Technical Program Managers and QA
- Writing high quality, performant and optimized code that is functional and robust across all platforms
What we’re looking for
- Experience building linear/non-linear audio systems
- Strong programming skills in C++/C#
- Experience in writing digital signal processing code for writing custom effects and synthesis
- Experience building audio tooling and workflows for sound designers
- Someone who is a great communicator and can drive for alignment with a learning mentality
You might also have
- Familiarity/Experience with audio middleware or frameworks like Wwise/FMOD or JUCE
- Familiarity with spatial audio technology such as Ambisonics, Binaural audio/HRTF etc
- Background in audio production, sound design or music technology is a plus
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.