Senior Software Developer
10 days ago
Are you an experienced Software Engineer who loves solving complex computing problems? Deft with C++ and/or Python? Familiar with software which creates 2D images or 3D scenes? Keen to enable the best digital artists in the world to bring major motion picture visions to the big screen?
We're a special division of Unity embedded in world-renown Weta Digital VFX, and we'd like you to join us in Wellington, New Zealand or potentially from a remote location.
Our software is the backbone of Weta's visual effects creation. We have several small teams with broad responsibilities. We have imaginative, performant tools for sophisticated, technical artists.
What you’ll be doing
- Building 2D images or 3D scenes
- Writing flexible, robust C++ or Python code that integrates an array of Weta-built custom libraries
- Responding to the needs of users and the demands of our clients' movies
- Working with collaborators and teammates to strategize the best solutions
- Coding, testing, integration, and release cycles.
What we’re looking for
- Love delivering excellent software
- A strong Python and/or C++ experience.
- Always considering the UX of developers and artists.
- Comfortable working with git and peer-reviewed code.
- Ideally you will have some VFX experience.
You might also have
- GUI development experience, particularly Qt widget framework
- Database knowledge, especially Lucene-style search
- API development knowledge
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.