Senior Software Developer
18 days ago
Unity’s Calgary and Vancouver studios continue to build our team, with the goal to extend Unity’s success across multiple platforms incorporating innovative technologies like XR, ML, robotics and IoT. We work on a diverse range of business verticals including automotive, retail, natural resources, manufacturing and entertainment. You will be working in a multi-functional team of hardworking individuals and will be communicating with developers in other teams around the world.
You’re a skilled cloud developer from the concept and proposal phase, to planning and build, and ultimately to delivery. You’re passionate and inventive, and intuitively work to turn ambitious requirements into simple, sophisticated solutions. This team is breaking ground in the next step for driving industry growth and adoption in Unity, and we hope you're as excited about it as we are!
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Unity Accelerate Solutions is looking for passionate engineers to join our new, growing team. Our professional services team.
What you’ll be doing
- Architect and develop new services and API’s, establish infrastructure, and implement protocols
- Take ownership of the development and maintenance of features, coordinating with the product design team, identifying technical roadblocks and proposing solutions
- Collaborate with the team lead and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain solutions based on the Unity Reflect Platform and its infrastructure
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code and infrastructure
- Observe and foster code quality standards and agile software development methodologies
What we’re looking for
- Experience building highly available and scalable distributed systems from the ground up
- Proficiency developing in either Java/Spring or C#/.NET Core
- Problem solver with a natural investigative ability to seek the best solution and grit to overcome development challenges
- Good communicator with the ability to discuss and understand software design fluently and in depth
- Capable of working constructively as part of a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds
You might also have
- Experience with CQRS and event sourced architectures
- Ability to go “Full Stack” to develop or trace code between application and server
- Experience with scalable solutions and the prospect of large data sets
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.