We are looking for a skilled, resourceful and enthusiastic senior level Software Developer to join us in building out our very large-scale, hardcore titles.
Ideally you are a full stack developer familiar with the gamut of application development languages and tools. These roles specifically call for expertise in Unity and C# across client and server, as well as significant experience with Android and iOS.
We're looking for excellence in software engineering, superior communication skills, and a great attitude for working in a team of highly talented people. A genuine love for gaming is a huge asset, as is understanding player needs and strategy game mechanics.
What you get to do each day:
- Collaborate with designers, engineers and product managers to understand and implement game features and system improvements
- Deliver high quality functional systems on timelines you commit to
- Have passion for games and with a focus on player experience
- Deftly navigate the balance between developing excellent software for a large player base with the need to manage a complex stack that is always live
- Collaborate with team members to produce and manage scalable architectures, game features and system improvements
- Take the lead in implementing key systems needed for scale & growth
- Define, identify and resolve performance/stability issues both for the client and server
- Work with awesome people just as passionate as you on projects they love
What you bring to the role:
- Highly proficient in Unity and C#. Strong knowledge and experience in working with iOS and/or Android
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithms
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest in video games
- Knowledge of rendering pipelines, VFX and shaders.
- A technology leader, with a proven record of developing and deploying complex software for cloud-based infrastructures
- An engineer who takes initiative and likes to have autonomy
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience
Location: Canada, remote work or office in Victoria, BC
Reports to: Executive Producer
KIXEYE is committed to inclusive hiring practices! All are welcome; diverse candidates, women, and LGBTQ+ persons are strongly encouraged to apply.