Senior Software Developer, Virtual Machine Runtime
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
1 day ago
We are looking for a determined software developer to help deliver a world class scripting experience for Unity users. You will be part of a focused team delivering high quality, critical components to power scripting within Unity across all platforms. Hard problems and in-depth debugging sessions will be daily occurrences as part of delivering stable, portable, and performant technology for our users to build upon. A desire to learn and improve as part of a collaborative team is necessary.
- Development and maintenance of all scripting runtimes: .NET, Mono, and IL2CPP
- Integration, debugging, and upgrading open source software like the Roslyn C# compiler, the Mono runtime, and the .NET Core GC
- Optimization of generated code size, memory usage, and execution speed
- Research and development of Unity focused optimizations, extensions, and functionality within the .NET ecosystem
- Communication of solutions and feedback to users via documentation, forums, and bug reports
- Excellent C, C++, and C# programming skills
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience developing across multiple platforms
- Optimization and profiling skills
- Focus on quality/test driven development
- Experience working with compilers, virtual machines, or garbage collectors
- Experience contributing to open source software
- Experience working with Mono, .NET Core, or Xamarin
- Experience using Unity
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.