Senior Software Developer - Unity
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
12 days ago
Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Client Engineer to join our MAGIC DIGITAL team.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for designing and implementing client technology for Magic Digital. You will be working with the latest technologies including cloud and Unity. You will be working in an agile environment that promotes freedom of thought and rewards innovative ideas and creative solutions. You will be working closely with a team of other developers, designers and artists. You will be responsible for clearly communicating technology designs and decisions within the team.
Day to Day Responsibilities For This Wizard
- Designs and implements solutions for Magic Digital in alignment with architectural designs and program needs
- Implements functional specifications on targeted platform and languages
- Communicate and iterate on technical designs and decisions with the team
- Provides reasonable estimates of time and materials required to complete vision and scope goals outlined by Development Manager
- Performs literate programming, using adequate commenting and documentation tools
- Adopts industry standard and team-specific coding practices
- Responsible for code reviews, unit testing, troubleshooting / analysis of your and other team member code
- Must be able to work with a variety of other departments to create technical requirements for the client
- Develops client systems and help others to build those systems
- Understanding the technical challenges that arise from developing on multiple platforms
AM I QUALIFIED?
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- 5-8 years object-oriented design experience
- 3-5 years of experience creating and shipping games
- 3-5 years of experience working on client side of a client/server architecture
- 3-5 years of experience in Unity3D development
- 3-5 years working with C#
- 3-5 years working with .NET
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Game development experience with multiple platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Unity toolset and plugins
- Ability to write readable and maintainable code
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in various roles
- Mentors and guides junior-level team members to improve in quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.