Senior Software Developer, Unity Tools, Live Entertainment & Sports
16 days ago
Unity's newly formed Live Entertainment and Sports Division will transform how content will be built, streamed, and played in the next decade!
We are looking for a Unity Developer to join our hardworking team. In this role, you will draw upon your past experience developing gameplay systems and editor tools, to help define the new standard for live virtual experiences. You love being a part of the game industry and get happiness from people using your tools and modules to make outstanding and innovative things. You're driven to get things done and to do them right. You aren't afraid to tackle and solve difficult problems. You want to work with people who encourage collaboration and cultivate new and innovative ideas.
With these experiences we will enable brands to take advantage of Unity's tools and products in a way that enables creative designers to engage their audience in ways that embody liveness and offer compelling ways to engage with artists and their brands 24/7 all while reducing the complexity, friction and time to build and operate. We want to empower the Artist Brand to multiply their audience and perform from anywhere!
What you’ll be doing
- Develop, publish and maintain Unity packages as individual component modules
- Design and extend gameplay-focused modules, APIs, and custom Unity Editor UI systems used by developers and designers during the design process for multiple types of experiences
- Improve the architecture of existing systems and craft the architecture of new gameplay systems
- Document and test your code and related systems used by game developers daily
- Collaborate with an international development team
What we’re looking for
- Fluent in C#
- Experience building and launching a mobile, console, or desktop game using Unity
- Experience extending the Unity Editor
- Experience with network programming
- Solid understanding of real-time 3D technology and 3D maths
You might also have
- Experience crafting one or more plugins for Unity and have published them through the Asset Store
- Experience with multithreaded Unity Jobs / Burst / ECS systems
- Built custom tools within Unity for use by a game dev team during production
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.