Cinematic Pipeline Experienced Developer
20 days ago
Unity is bringing the power of our real-time technology to film, television, animation, VFX, and broadcasting.
The Cinematic Pipeline team is hiring an experienced software developer to help us extend Unity’s success within the Virtual Production industry. The features our team owns include: Recorder, Sequences, Alembic import/export, FBX export, and Python.
As a member of our team, you will research, analyze, develop, and maintain tools used in animation, film, and games. You will work together with other team members to design and implement new features that tackle real problems for artists and other creators. We are constantly looking for ways to improve not only our users' experience and efficiency, but also our own workflows.
So, are you a developer passionate about film and animation? Do you want to pave the way for the next big revolution in animation and live, immersive entertainment? Are you excited to work with others to brainstorm, drive alignment and build features that bring value to our users? If so, don't wait any longer: join us!
Note that this role is a full-time position, located in Unity’s Montreal studio or remote in Canada.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with peers to design and write quality code;
- Maintain existing software, improving performance, testability, and stability;
- Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code;
- Help our users via online forums and (occasionally) in-person meetings;
- Contribute to defining product scope, direction, and priorities;
What we’re looking for
- Proficient with object-oriented programming and API design;
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining sophisticated systems on multiple platforms;
- Understanding of performance characteristics (CPU vs. GPU, garbage collection, impact of cache misses) related to real-time environments;
- Ability to communicate clearly, self-organize, and collaborate with minimal guidance.
You might also have
- Experience working with Unity or another realtime engine;
- Experience with film/animation industry software (e.g. Maya, Houdini, Nuke, or Katana), offline renderers (e.g. Arnold, RenderMan, or other) and file formats (e.g. OpenEXR, Alembic, USD);
- Comfortable with C#, C or C++.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.