This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Developer - Shotgrid
17 days ago
- Gain a thorough understanding of business problems relating to Production management, break down tasks independently, and deliver effective solutions.
- Collaborate with the Development Lead to ensure that implementations align with the overall strategy of the Software department, driven by the requirements of global Production at MPC / Mikros
- Communicate tasks, challenges, and workflows across a globally distributed team.
- Adhere to the software development procedures, methodologies, and guidelines established by the company, while constructing tools that are in harmony with the company's overall vision and the objectives of the software team.
- Collaborate with Team Leads and internal clients to monitor, plan, and execute customized solutions for business unit-specific implementations of the global strategy.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members, assisting them in their professional growth and development.
- Participate in the coordination, monitoring, and effective communication of team progress, challenges, and projections, both within the team and across multiple locations.
- Documentation and demonstrations for internal clients and the team.
- Provide support for active shows including resolution of bugs and reactive development of small-scale features and application.
Skills and Experience
- Possess extensive experience in Python programming language, including its syntax, libraries, frameworks (Django or Flask)) and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful APIs, server-side templating, and database integration.
- Proficiency in working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and knowledge of database design, querying, and optimization.
- Strong familiarity with version control systems like Git, including branching, merging, and resolving conflicts, to effectively collaborate with a team and manage codebase changes.
- Skill in writing unit tests, performing integration testing, and using debugging tools to identify and fix issues within the code.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, design efficient algorithms, and implement effective solutions, optimizing code for performance and scalability.
- Understanding of common web application security vulnerabilities and best practices, such as input validation, authentication, authorization, and data encryption.
- Experience with containerization using Docker, including creating Docker images, writing Dockerfiles, managing containers, and orchestrating them with tools like Docker Compose.
- Experience working with Linux.
- A minimum background or basic understanding of the software tool Shotgrid.
Nice to Have
The following are not essential to be successful in the role, however prior experience, or the desire to grow in these areas will be of benefit.
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks like React or Vue for front-end development.
- Proficiency in Linux Shell Scripting.
- Familiarity with event-driven architecture and messaging systems. Understanding of concepts like pub/sub (publish/subscribe), event sourcing, message brokers, and asynchronous communication patterns.
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka, a distributed streaming platform. Proficiency in setting up Kafka clusters, creating topics, producing, and consuming messages, and integrating Kafka with other components of the software stack.
- Monitoring and logging using tools like Grafana or ELK stack is a plus
- Experience or familiarity with VFX techniques and software would be considered an added advantage.
- A keen interest in learning and expanding skills on the job.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, then we look forward to your application.
Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company driven by one purpose: The realization of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. We inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work. Our award-winning teams of artists and technologists’ partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
No idea is too ambitious for us to create to an incredibly high standard. Technicolor Creative Studios provides World Class production expertise in Film, Episodic, Gaming, Advertising and Experiential Marketing