Senior Software Developer - Server
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
20 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help build and maintain scalable cloud services that will support vast legions of players. As a Senior Software Developer, you will cultivate solutions across multiple technology stacks to support new and existing features. In close collaboration with designers, artists, and other specialists, you'll be one of the main drivers of designs and decisions within the team.
What you'll do:
- Develop software across a variety of platforms, undertaking design, development, documentation, testing and subsequent ongoing feature support
- Handle prioritization of tasks, bugs, design iteration, and user/tester feedback
- Provide reasonable estimates of time and materials required to complete vision and scope goals outlined by the Development Manager
- Responsible for code reviews, unit testing, troubleshooting / analysis of your and other team member code
- Grasp issues quickly and makes educated, critical discernments in the absence of complete information
- Understand the technical challenges that arise from developing online games on multiple platforms
- Work with cross-functionally to build technical requirements
- Take initiative and enjoy working independently as well as with a team
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years software design experience
- 3+of online game development experience working with C# and .NET
- Experience building software solutions using AWS Technologies
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL data storage technologies
- Experience with scalable distributed systems
- Proven understanding of containers and orchestration
- Willingness to help seek and resolve technical problems as they arise
- Ability to conduct effective requirements gathering and analysis
- Sound knowledge of software engineering, software engineering methodologies, and the impact of early decisions on later development stages of software projects
- Willingness to mentor and guide other team members
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.