Senior Software Developer - Review
4 days ago
- Work with Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
- Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
- Communication of tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
- Contribute technical and user facing documentation.
- Work with teams cross site in the development of Creative tools for a multisite studio
Skills and Experience
- Experience in a VFX facility (or equivalent industry).
- Advanced Knowledge of Python and QT.
- Strong experience in OOPS and threading.
- Strong experience in designing UI for complex back end functionality.
- Good knowledge of key VFX application APIs – RV, Nuke and Nuke Studio.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
- Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
- Experience using development best practices.
- Experience with asset management APIs and dependency handling.
Desirable skills are advantageous, but not strictly necessary.
We don’t expect candidates to tick ALL the boxes, but if you have any of the following in any combination they will be highly regarded. If you don’t, a keen interest in learning more on the job about some combination will be important.
- Experience and understanding of OCIO (Open Color IO) and LUTs
- Understanding of design patterns.
- Exposure to any Asset Management and Project Management systems (Shotgun) and their APIs
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Technicolor Creative Studios shares are admitted to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Paris (TCHCS)
Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company providing world-class production expertise driven by one purpose: The realization of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. Home to a network of award-winning studios, MPC, The Mill, Mikros Animation and Technicolor Games, we inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our global teams of artists and technologists partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.