Senior Software Developer, Quality
7 days ago
VisualLive is a newly acquired company at Unity developing powerful AR-enabled applications on a wide spectrum of devices like iPad, Android and HoloLens. We use a variety of exciting AR technologies including ARFoundation, MARS, Pixyz, Forge, and many others.
The VisualLive applications are used in AEC industries for viewing and managing useful data for large 3D models. Our applications focus primarily on QA/QC allowing users to find and supervise problems efficiently.
We are looking for an individual passionate about Unity, C#, 3D graphics, and Augmented Reality.
As a quality engineer on the VisualLive team, success will be achieved by:
- Contributing to the testing of VisualLive of features such as Issue Capture, Install Tracking, Measurement, and other interactive tools.
- Supporting live customer issues and using this feedback to refine our test strategy
Our team will achieve long term-success by improving the quality of user workflows using Augmented Reality technologies in the Unity editor.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with the development team to test new features and bug fixes in various platforms such as mobile and HoloLens
- Grow and improve our automated tests, framework and infrastructure
- Influence and guide the team to constantly improve the quality of our projects
- Support the porting of features from VisualLive to the Reflect platform
What we’re looking for
- C# skills
- Problem solver with a natural investigative ability to seek the best solution, not the fastest
- Experience as an automation specialist, developing and executing testing plans for low-level code systems on large complex software projects
- Experience with Unity platform or any other Real Time 3D engine.
- Experience in performance, code analysis, and debugging tools
You might also have
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Development tools experience
- Familiarity with 3D model file formats and software like Revit, Navisworks, Maya, Max, Sketchup.
- Experience with MRTK, ARFoundation and 3D Graphics
The VisualLive engineering team is composed of five engineers. There is a lead software engineer who handles tasks and system design. There are three software engineers who focus on Unity development for iOS, Android, and HoloLens. Finally, we have a web developer who maintains the cloud infrastructure for the VisualLive products.
Our team is a subset of the Reflect team, so we do work with many other hard-working engineers in the AEC team.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.