This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Developer, Professional Services
San Francisco, CA, United States
5 months ago
Unity's Professional Services team is looking for developers to collaboratively develop innovative software with Unity's largest customers across a variety of different industries, including gaming, defense, automotive, and architecture.
This role will focus on building cutting-edge AR applications using Unity that can thrive in a highly mobile, low connectivity environment. You’ll partner with industry veterans to work on critical performance-sensitive components that demonstrate Unity best practices. In addition, we’ll rely on your direct feedback working with our top partners to help shape the road map for future versions of the Unity Engine.
If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, and an excellent communicator, this job is for you.
- Deliver high-quality code components that will power the client and frontend AR experiences
- Partner with industry-leading engineers, artists, producers and designers to engineer solutions on state-of-the-art next-generation hardware, sensors, and software
- Profile, isolate, then resolve performance bottlenecks to help applications reach target resolution / FPS goals
- Incorporate the latest AI, machine learning, and computer vision capabilities as needed
- Create prototypes to demonstrate new Unity features and potential solutions
- Analyze the Unity Engine source code to keep your skills and knowledge up-to-date
- Experience of using Unity in AAA games or other commercial products
- Strong C# and C++ coding background
- Debugging ability across different technology stacks, in multithreaded environments
- Strong understanding of 3D math, and working knowledge of the 3D rendering pipeline, as it pertains to computer graphics
- Familiarity with how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and able to communicate ideas and technical knowledge clearly
- Fluency in different shader languages (e.g., HLSL or GLSL)
- Familiarity with building AR or VR applications
- Prior experience delivering talks or presentations at conferences
- Security clearance
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.