Senior Software Developer In Test, Create Studio
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
15 days ago
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Join a new multidisciplinary team at Unity developing innovative solutions to solve industries’ toughest problems.
We’re looking for a talented developer focused on automated testing and quality to join Create Studio, our newest industrial products team. You will be part of our development teams and you will focus on building out test automation and improving the quality of product and development practices and environment. Your work will directly impact the products we work on and the development environment your teammates use daily.
You and your desire to make the world a better place will be at the forefront of the real-time revolution, as we create exciting technological advancements in entertainment, film, retail, sales, and other industries – all made possible by the Unity Engine, the most widely used 3D development platform in the world.
- Collaborate in a small team to design, build, deploy and maintain an easy to use, high quality testing apparatus, including both unit and automated integration tests, all powered by a CI/CD system, to enable the rapid development of high quality applications.
- Improve the quality of our products by executing improvements to the team’s development environment, workflow and pipelines.
- Estimate tasks and manage time effectively.
- Work closely with the other developers, devops developers and quality analysts to analyze code and bugs to determine their source and create improvements and tests to ensure the bug does not reoccur.
- Build automation and tests to validate both Unity based applications, across desktop, mobile and web, and Cloud based services.
- Configure test automation networks, and execute and analyze stress, stability and performance tests.
- Professional experience building automated or unit tests including in depth knowledge of one or more automated testing systems, off-the-shelf or custom.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices such as code reviews and readable code.
- Ability to break down large problems and to prioritize work.
- Ability to work with Unity based applications and web based technologies such as React and RESTful APIs.
- Strong communication skills, both in person and via digital means with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience working with or developing testing or CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Experience developing automated testing for Unity based applications.
- Development experience with C# or Unity.
- Experience in a quality assurance or quality analyst role.
- Experience with TestRail or similar test case management systems.
- Experience developing automated testing using a device farm or device cloud.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.