This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Developer - Gameplay
16 days ago
Are you excited to try your hand at shaping the technical direction of a brand new studio? To collaborate with a small experienced team while building games you're proud of? Do you work on prototypes for games you or a group of friends dreamed up in your spare time? Well great! We're on the lookout for a sharp, driven, and super flexible software developer to join us as we build our team and prototypes.
- Design, build, and optimize gameplay systems for networked multiplayer games.
- Help us find the balance between building fast and building right.
- Collaborate with artists and designers to bring amazing ideas to life, and pitch ideas of your own! We’re looking to delight players, and we want your help.
- Dive into daunting problems you’ve never encountered before, looking for creative and robust ways to deliver solutions.
- Be willing to wear multiple hats. Odyssey is just starting out, and we’re all going to be stepping out of our comfort zones to make the best experiences we can. This could look like: working closely with our designers and coaching them on best practices for implementation, helping build tools that enable our artists and designers to move fast, or even implementing ideas of your own!
- Shipped at least 2 AAA titles using C++
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title using Unreal
Teamwork and other Qualifications:
- Effective working autonomously, we want you to feel comfortable allocating your time wisely and making good on your commitments
- Strong analytical skills that aid in understanding and articulating what makes games great
- Solid team player. We want people who are excited to be part of a small, tight-knit team focused on delivering awesome experiences to players
- Genuine ambition and excitement to rise to the challenges
- A passion and love for games
- Willing to relocate to Ontario, Canada
Nice to haves:
- Experience working on a game/product from prototype to launch.
- A secondary specialty: graphics, services, web, mobile, etc.
- Dental/Vision/Pharmacare coverage. Canada has universal health care, so you and your family will be covered by OHIP.
- Open paid-time-off policy with 2 week minimum enforced by the company. We trust you to take time off when you need it.
- Competitive salaries (benchmarked to Canada) that value your experience and dedication.
- Stock options in an early stage startup. We want you to be motivated to stick with us for the long haul.
- Annual game stipend. We can all learn so much from new games coming out.
- Relocation assistance, and immigration where applicable.
Odyssey Interactive is a Canadian Game Development studio formed around the mantra of building "Games you Live". We believe that the best games are the ones you think about long after you put them down, that help you feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself, and that you believe you can invest in for years to come.
We're on a mission to build games with the same emotional potential as the games we fell in love with growing up, but designing them with a mobile first mindset. We believe the next generation of gamers is going to be the most connected, the most diverse, and the most relentlessly driven generation this world has ever seen - and for them phones aren't just a tool, they're an extension of their body. We believe they deserve the same quality of games that we fell in love with so many years ago.
The founding team is comprised of 4 former leads from Riot Games where we led teams such as a the League of Legends Balance Team, the League of Legends Champion Design team, and the development of Teamfight Tactics - and are excited to try to build a highly innovative, played obsessed studio with an awesome team...a team that you could be a part of!