Senior Software Developer, Film and Animation
Montreal, QC, Canada
11 days ago
The Media & Entertainment Group is looking for a Unity Software Developer to build innovative solutions for the creation of cinematic content in Unity. You will be among the first to work with cutting-edge industry technology and have the chance to work closely with the world’s best content creators to push the boundaries of what is possible with real-time rendering.
By joining this team, you will be at the forefront of developing Unity’s product offering with innovative solutions to further empower creators of cinematic content in animation, film, games, and broadcast.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to unlock new film and animation workflows for Unity’s current and future creators
- Ideate and prototype original creative solutions to technical problems on the bleeding edge of virtual production
- Collaborate with other internal development teams in order to build effectively against the Unity roadmap and ongoing content projects
- Work with designers, other developers and QA to create a highly approachable and robust toolset
- Proficient in C# or C++
- Experience with realtime rendering (game engines, Motion Builder)
- Experience coding against low-latency networking or video streaming solutions
- Previous experience with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects, animation, broadcast, and/or film production
- Experience developing experiences in Unity
- Background developing artist tooling or experience using and/or scripting for DCC tools like Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini, Blender, or equivalent
- Studio experience in gaming, film, or animation
- Experience with animation data structures, tools, and workflows
- Python scripting within digital content creation applications
- Virtual production experience preferred (e.g. mocap systems, video I/O, genlock, etc.)
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.