Senior Software Developer - Build
19 days ago
This is a senior software role that contributes across the Technicolor portfolio by architecting and implementing state of the art tools for image creation and finishing. These disciplines encompass lighting, rendering, compositing, plate and movie manipulation, and review strategies for all of this.
- Work with, and inform, leadership to shape the technical implementation and architecture or key client services in the pipeline
- Help leadership to track progress and outcomes, and provide key insight when a change of direction is needed
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the Pipeline infrastructure, tools, processes, and automation.
- Hands on implementation of core parts of the technology stack that moves our characters
- Contribute to coordination, tracking, and communication of progress, issues and forecasts within the team and across multiple sites
- Contribute documentation and demonstration internally to the team, and assist Leads in demonstrating to internal clients (or present directly if you're a stage kind of person!)
- Work with teams cross site in the development of Creative tools for a multisite studio
Skills and Experience
- Atleast 5 years of experience in a technical role in a media/content centric industry (VFX / AA or AAA Games etc.)
- Demonstrable knowledge or degree of the basics of computer science or a related STEM field
- Strong understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation.
- Good knowledge and dexterity developing in C++, or advanced knowledge of Python, and willingness to improve on either if you're not familiar with it
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of at least one major DCC API (Maya and Houdini preferred)
- Familiar with Version Control and comfortable, or willing to adapt to, structured development (JIRA ticketing and rerportage, CI/CD practices, code reviews etc.)
- Understanding of the problem space in one or more of: rigging, animation, layout, character FX, simulation.
- Understanding and appreciation for UX and/or GUI development
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Technicolor Creative Studios shares are admitted to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Paris (TCHCS)
Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company providing world-class production expertise driven by one purpose: The realization of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. Home to a network of award-winning studios, MPC, The Mill, Mikros Animation and Technicolor Games, we inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our global teams of artists and technologists partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.