Senior Software Developer - Accelerate Solutions Studios
15 days ago
At Unity, we're building an outstanding game development team to bring incredible games to life for our customers and showcase our technologies at their best!
As a Software Developer in our team, you'll find success through crafting your code, sharing your expertise, having a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. The groundbreaking games our customers are making are paving the way for Web3 gaming to break the mould and reinvent new genre's and reasons to play.
This role is an important part in Unity’s Accelerate Solutions new Web 3 gaming group, where forming phenomenal relationships and collaborating with customers to deliver game titles built with Web3 technology is a critical part of what we do.
Focusing on Web3 doesn’t mean you need blockchain specific knowledge, though the desire to learn more and surround yourself with others who have the know-how and skills is a key part of this role.
As a highly distributed team, the role may involve occasional travel to other Unity offices in order to meet colleagues, or travel to customers’ primarily within your region.
We believe the world is a better place with more creators in it, and this includes Web3 creators. Join us to help make a difference in the future of Web3 gaming.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with game teams to help build the best possible experiences for players
- Collaborating with design, engineering and production groups, to devise efficient engineering solutions to game requirements
- Hands on architecting and coding for sophisticated systems on multiple gaming platforms.
- Identifying and articulating technical and production risks and obstacles, as well as generate solutions for them
- Deconstructing, analyzing and adapting mobile, web and blockchain game mechanics
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience working in the Unity engine with excellent knowledge of C# and or C++
- Knowledge of, or eagerness to learn about, Blockchain and Web3
- A highly communicative person, you'll be eager to go out of your way to contribute to the team and enable others
- Comfortable talking about technical concepts and explaining how they work, both from a feature and API architecture perspective
- Experience shipping software at a professional level
You might also have
- Experience with multiplayer, rapid prototyping and/or game jams
- Some examples of side projects or games you’ve built outside of work
- Involvement in an NFT project or community
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.