Senior Software Architect, Asset Store
3 days ago
Unity powers over half of all games and over two-thirds of all VR and AR products. We believe the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we do that by putting the most powerful creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists.
Our team is looking for an architect to help us modernize our services. You’ll build and scale systems while minimizing customer impact, enable users to take full advantage of the next generation of Unity products, and collaborate with the global team to create reliable, high performance services. Your passion for quality and love of learning in a blameless environment will shape and grow team practices and culture.
The Asset Store team is responsible for maintaining and developing innovative features on Unity’s Asset Store website. You will be working with the team towards creating the best in class API-first marketplace, integrating and improving its package and content management experience.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with other teams to architect, develop and deploy high quality cloud-based web applications
- Drive the execution of the team and ensure timely delivery by breaking down projects into smaller pieces
- Accommodating multi-regional performance needs
- Identify, supervise, and analyze important metrics to overcome challenges
- Constantly train on new and emerging technologies in order to discover new ways to apply them for our services
What we’re looking for
- Detailed Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and processes
- Experience and detailed technical knowledge of security engineering, security protocols and network security.
- Ability to break down sophisticated problems and coordinate delivery among multiple owners
- Proven knowledge of the complexities and risks associated with large scale, highly reliable services
- A love of learning
You might also have
- Knowledge of Go, Java, Postgres, etc
- Experience working in GCP, AWS, etc
- Familiarity with Kubernetes/Helm/Docker/GKE/Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.